Your kids grow up fast.
Capture every moment perfectly.
The Photo Fix is an online photography course for parents.
● Master your camera ● Discover photojournalism basics ● Learn to edit
Photo by Sarah Bednar (Photo Fix Member)
The photo fix has 3 steps. Over 10,000 happy members prove they work.
Step 1: Watch the Photo Fix
Background Photo by Courtney Knowlan (SPS Member)
Step 2: Get amazing support.
The Photo Fix isn't just a course. It's a family widely known as the most encouraging and gracious photography community on the web. With over 6,000 highly engaged members in our (members only) Facebook Group, prompt help and inspiration are just one post away.
Background Photo by Lindsay Palmer (Photo Fix Member)
Step 3: Build A Treasure.
Buying the Photo Fix is one choice you'll never regret, or we'll refund you 100%.
Background Photo by Kyle Shultz (SPS Founder)
What People Are Saying
SPS GRADS PassGet access to every SPS course ever.
Access to the Photo Fix: Proven by 10,000 parents as THE shortcut for learning how to take pro-quality pics of your kids.
Access to the Lightroom Fix ($299 value): Completely transform your images by learning the editing secrets of the pros.
Access to the Sports Photo Course For Parents ($299 Value): the web's best course for learning how to take pro-quality pics of your athlete.
Access to the GRADS Program ($199/year value): the ongoing photo education program that actually works in helping you make consistent PROGRESS towards your photography dreams and calling.
Access to the current month's GRADS theme and shooting prompts.
Attendance to our LIVE broadcasts and interviews (2 per month).
Access to the Members Only Facebook Group ...the best photography community on the planet.
Access to ALL FUTURE COURSES (a brand new course every month) for as long as you're a member!
Exit Upgrades: If it's ever time to cancel, optionally upgrade any course to LIFETIME (starting at $19).
Cancel anytime. NO long term commitments!
Here's What You'll Learn
Other courses teach some camera buttons. The Photo Fix is like a college photography degree in 15 minutes per day over a few weeks. Click any module below to learn more.
- Lesson 1: How to eliminate distraction in your image.
- Lesson 2: The secret to transform your image background (without changing the background).
- Lesson 3: How to create a better balanced image.
- Lesson 4: The secret to directing the viewer’s eye to the subject.
- Lesson 5: How to position your kids in the picture to where they “jump off the page.”
- Lesson 6: Why your lens changes the way you see (and which lenses to use for what).
- Lesson 7: How anyone, even non-creatives, can learn to see creatively.
- Lesson 1: How to find beautiful, soft light for capturing pics of your kids. Every time.
- Lesson 2: How the direction of light dramatically changes your image.
- Lesson 3: How pros use natural light to create images with pop and snap.
- Lesson 4: The tool that’s in every pro photographer's back seat that takes an image from amateur to pro.
- Lesson 5: The one place in your home that you can always count on for a beautifully lit shot.
- Lesson 6: How professionals use only window light with zero (zilch, nada) fancy equipment.
- Lesson 7: Essentials to consider when shooting in bright, full sun.
- Lesson 8: How to capture / create beautifully lit eyes every time.
- Lesson 1: Master shooting in manual ONCE AND FOR ALL!
- Lesson 2: How to get the most possible background blur from your crappy kit lens.
- Lesson 3: The cure to blurry pictures.
- Lesson 4: How to freeze motion to make great action shot pictures.
- Lesson 5: 9 steps to nailing your focus every time.
- Lesson 6: The easy way to get the best possible image quality out of your camera.
- Lesson 7: THE 10 CAMERA COMMANDMENTS: Why you really only need to know 10 functions of your camera to get any shot you want.
- Lesson 1: Discover the easy editing software that still gives amazing pro-level power.
- Lesson 2: The many reasons you don't need Photoshop (and the only reason you might).
- Lesson 3: The secret, subtle editing tricks pros use to take images to that “pro level.”
- Lesson 4: How to optimize your images for Facebook and the web.
- Lesson 5: How to optimize your images for making exceptional prints.
- Lesson 6: How to manage all your photos effortlessly and back them up at the same time.
- Lesson 7: Why it’s safer and more affordable to use an online service for your photo back up needs.
- Lesson 8: Celebrate your photography! The ultimate shortlist on where to make prints, books, cards, gifts, & more.
- Discover the kinds of pics phones are GREAT at…and bad at!
- How to dial in your phone's settings for maximum image quality.
- 3 trick you never knew about the iPhone that'll change the way you take pics with it forever!
- How to edit all your phone photos with pro-like quality…right from within your phone.
- How to effortlessly organize and back up all the photos from ALL your mobile devices (even spouses and kids devices…all in one place)!
- The one lens to get to take your photos to the next level
- How to know when it's times to upgrade your camera
- The best lenses for everyday shooting, portraits, and capturing your kids playing sports.
- Accessories that belong in every bag.
Background Photo by Lindsay Palmer (Photo Fix Member)
Here's some frequent a's to your q's. And if you still have a question, email us (email@example.com)!
Well…a lot! And more is added every single week! There's really 4 main courses/programs that are most helpful to expound upon:
- The Photo Fix Course: which is what this page is all about.
- The Lightroom Fix Course: a course that teaches you exactly how to edit your photos like a pro using Adobe Lightroom. This course is a MUST HAVE if you feel like your pics are missing something!
- The Sports Photo Course For Parents: the web's best course (hands down!) for learning how to capture pro-quality pics of your kids playing sports.
- The SPS GRADS Program: Our ongoing photography education program and AMAZING community! You'll get access to dozens of courses, a new course every month, and the most gracious photography community on the web!
Each of these resources deserves its own introduction. But the GRADS Program is one that makes the “subscription” model valuable to you as a member, because it includes amazing ongoing content and community access. Click here for more info about our GRADS program.
Yes indeed. Most lessons are video based. Each lesson also includes a written portion with plenty of illustrations. No matter what your learning style, we'll connect.
If you choose the Photo Fix only option, you get LIFETIME ACCESS to the course.
If you choose the SPS ALL ACCESS subscription, you get access to the Photo Fix and every other course (plus a new course every month) for as long as you're a member.
If there comes a time when you want to cancel your SPS ALL ACCESS membership, we do provide a way for you to purchase lifetime access to only your favorite course(s) at a substantial savings (50-90%).
You betcha. Do it all at your own pace! If you'd rather conquer the course with a group, we offer a group challenge twice per year!
The Photo Fix caters to beginners. But we’ve had several enthusiasts take the course. Either way, several grads have gone on to open their own photo biz. So yes, we cover a lot of good stuff. See below for lesson overviews.
Yes. If you can turn on your camera, snap some pics in auto, then get those pics onto your computer, you’re golden. You’ll be a photo guru by the time you’re done. See below for lesson overviews.
Nope. Most SPS content transcends specific cameras. We focus on time tested photography gems. But, this course will make you want to get a nice camera. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.
Nope. But we'll show you which software to get should you want to.
Absolutely, of course. Shultz Photo School is built on a fully encrypted platform complete with SSL certificates.
We have an extremely active members only Facebook Group and a comment section on each lesson. The community has evolved into one of our greatest program assets. Questions usually have an answer within an hour!
Of course. If you don’t think the course delivers, we’ll give you a 100% refund in the first 30 days.
There's absolutely zero risk to you.
If you join the Photo Fix and don't think it delivers in any way, we’ll give you a 100% refund in the first 30 days.