Quality editing will transform your pics.
● Discover pro editing secrets ● Develop your signature style ● Create priceless pics
The Lightroom Fix has 3 steps. Over 2,000 happy members prove they work.
Step 1: Watch the Lightroom Fix
Background Photo by Kyle Shultz (SPS Founder)
Step 2: Get amazing support.
The Lightroom Fix isn’t just a course. It’s a family widely known as the most encouraging and gracious photography community on the web. With over 6,000 highly engaged members in our (members only) Facebook Group, prompt help and inspiration are just one post away.
Background Photo by Lindsay Palmer (SPS Member)
Step 3: Build A Treasure.
Buying the Lightroom Fix is one choice you’ll never regret, or we’ll refund you 100%.
Background Photo by Annie Villasana (SPS Member)
SPS GRADS PASSThe ALL ACCESS subscription!
Access to the Lightroom Fix ($299 value): Completely transform your images by learning the editing secrets of the pros.
Access to the Photo Fix: Proven by 10,000 parents as THE shortcut for learning how to take pro-quality pics of your kids.
Access to the Sports Photo Course For Parents ($299 Value): the web's best course for learning how to take pro-quality pics of your athlete.
Access to the GRADS Program ($199/year value): the ongoing photo education program that actually works in helping you make consistent PROGRESS towards your photography dreams and calling.
Access to the current month's GRADS course.
Attendance to our LIVE broadcasts and interviews (2 per month).
Access to the Members Only Facebook Group ...the best photography community on the planet.
Access to ALL FUTURE COURSES (a brand new course every month) for as long as you're a member!
Exit Upgrades: If it's ever time to cancel, optionally upgrade any course to LIFETIME (starting at $19).
Cancel anytime. NO long term commitments!
BONUS: The Preset Fix ($100 Value)
Lightroom Presets will revolutionize your editing. Think of presets as “Instagram filters,” but 10x better since you can fine tune them on any level.
As a bonus for joining the Lightroom Fix today, get The Preset Fix, our own collection of presets developed by Kyle Shultz to give your images plenty of magic without the overwhelm of typical preset packs.
Background Photo by Jenna Thiessan (SPS Member)
Click on a section below to expand and see a detailed list of what the Lightroom Fix course covers.
- Which version of Lightroom should I buy?
- How Lightroom works and why it matters
- Getting Lightroom installed and set up
- First date with Lightroom
- Migrating from iPhoto
- Managing your mountain of photos
- Getting your photos into Lightroom
- Importing as DNG file
- Getting the whole enchilada into Lightroom
- Some previews are smarty pants
- Culling your photos
- Why words are key to finding your photos
- Finding your images via filters
- For the collector types
- Quickly assign keywords (and other stuff) with the Painter Tool
- My favorite workspace tweaks for max production
- THE DARK SIDE. Managing photos outside of LR
- Exporting your photos (the basics)
- 3 workflow optimization tips before you even open Lightroom
- Optimizing General Preferences for workflow
- Optimizing Catalogue Settings for workflow
- Creating a standard portrait preset
- Creating a standard vivid preset
- Creating a simple copyright preset
- Simplify importing with these 3 presets
- Streamline editing with these 3 phases
- Phase 1: Cull
- Phase 2: Initial Edits
- Phase 3: Final Edits
- Renaming prior to export
- Developing 3 common export presets
- Archiving your photos
- 2 editing tips to build on
- The Develop Module: Interface overview
- The basic panel
- The histogram
- The tone curve
- The HSL panel
- Black & white tab
- Split Toning panel
- Detail panel
- Lens Correction panel
- Effects panel
- Calibration panel
- Crop Tool
- Spot Removal & Healing Brush
- Red Eye Correction tool
- Graduated Filter tool
- Radial Filter tool
- Adjustment Brush
- Let’s get this party started!
- Creating a soft portrait preset
- Silhouette Sunset
- Sunset preset…but onto a portrait.
- Updating / editing a preset
- Beautiful black & white
- Vintage black & white
- Toned black & white
- Bright, vibrant & snappy
- Over Exposed Fixer Upper
- Retouching in Lightroom
- Download all these presets!
- Moving From iPhoto to Lightroom
- How to Edit Out Drool
- How to Quickly Remove Green Color Casts From Skin
- Golden Hour editing tips
- Lightroom Mobile Intro
- Getting Lightroom Connected to the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Connecting your mobile device to Lightroom
- Editing in Lightroom Mobile: Part 1
- Editing in Lightroom Mobile: Part 2
- Sharing Images From Lightroom Mobile
- How To Automatically Add Your New Mobile Pics Into Lightroom
Here's some frequent a's to your q's. And if you still have a question, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Well…a lot! And more is added every single week! There’s really 4 main courses/programs that are most helpful to expound upon:
- The Lightroom Fix Course: which is what this page is all about.
- The Photo Fix: the course proven by over 10,000 parents to learn how to take priceless, pro quality pics of your kids.
- The Sports Photo Course For Parents: the web’s best course (hands down!) for learning how to capture pro-quality pics of your kids playing sports.
- The SPS GRADS Program: Our ongoing photography education program and AMAZING community! You’ll get access to dozens of courses, a new course every month, and the most gracious photography community on the web!
Each of these resources deserves its own introduction. But the GRADS Program is one that makes the “subscription” model valuable to you as a member, because it includes amazing ongoing content and community access. Click here for more info about our GRADS program.
No, Adobe Lightroom does NOT come with the Lightroom Fix. SPS doesn’t make Adobe Lightroom and thus we don’t get to sell it.
So while you don’t have top purchase Lightroom separately to join the Lightroom Fix, it’ll sure help!If you haven’t purchased Lightroom, our first module goes over the options.
Well, pretty much both. 95% of the course covers what is now “Lightroom Classic,” which Adobe is calling its “desktop focused editing.” “Lightroom CC” effectively became Lightroom’s name for its mobile apps, which we already cover in a module. In 2019 Adobe dropped the “CC” from its naming schematic. Jeepers! 🤣
Adobe is not abandoning Lightroom Classic. They’re just realizing a lot of editing will be done on mobile in the future (and thus require the cloud).
Bottom line is this: when you understand Lightroom Classic, you understand the Lightroom mobile suite as well. Thus, we focus on Lightroom Classic but we ultimately cover both!
Yes indeed. Most lessons are video based. Each lesson also includes a written portion with plenty of illustrations. No matter what your learning style, we’ll connect.
If you choose the Lightroom Fix only option, you get LIFETIME ACCESS to the course.
If you choose the SPS ALL ACCESS subscription, you get access to the Lightroom Fix and every other course (plus a new course every month) for as long as you’re a member.
If there comes a time when you want to cancel your SPS ALL ACCESS membership, we do provide a way for you to purchase lifetime access to only your favorite course(s) at a substantial savings (50-90%).
You betcha. Do it all at your own pace! If you’d rather conquer the course with a group, we offer a group challenge twice per year!
Yes. Even if you haven’t bought Lightroom, we’ll walk you through getting it and starting from square one.
Even seasoned photographers pick up some new tricks in the Lightroom Fix that make it worth every penny!
Absolutely, of course. Shultz Photo School is built on a fully encrypted platform complete with SSL certificates.
We have an extremely active members only Facebook Group and a comment section on each lesson. The community has evolved into one of our greatest program assets. Questions usually have an answer within an hour!
Of course. If you don’t think the course delivers, we’ll give you a 100% refund in the first 30 days.
Absolutely Zero Risk to You.
If you join the Lightroom Fix and don’t think it delivers in any way, we’ll give you a 100% refund in the first 30 days.