Your Best Photos.
Made Even Better.
INTRODUCING THE LIGHTROOM FIX
Ever feel like your photos are missing something…that “extra oomph?”
Ask any pro…or anyone who’s been at this for awhile as an enthusiast.
It’s no secret what’s missing.
A little bit of the right editing will completely transform your pics.
Consider these real life examples (1 minute video below).
Of course, that’s just a few examples of 1,000’s we could show. But let’s get on with the main question:
Where do you start when it comes to editing like a pro?
You may have heard of Adobe Lightroom. It’s the most popular editing program the pros use, but that it’s also easy enough for the total newbie. You jump in and have a bit of luck. But without a clear step-by-step process for making quality edits, you get frustrated when you can’t get that look you’re after. Or why sometimes you get good results and other times, not so much.
Here’s the truth.
Quality editing isn’t only about learning the editing software. Though that’s part of it.
But just as a great cook knows what spices will enhance a food’s natural flavor, great editors know how to amplify the “feeling” that’s already present in the picture. It comes down to developing your vision, style, and taste.
This brings us to the Lightroom Fix. Sure, we’re going to master Lightroom itself.
But along the way we’re also going to explore how to make the right editing choices. We’re going to uncover a process that will make editing fast, profoundly effective, and loads of FUN!
The Lightroom Fix is a 100% online, step-by-step, self-paced course to learn how to edit like a pro.
No editing experience required!
Which means you can show up in your pj’s. And since all lessons are self-paced and access is LIFETIME, you also get to show up whenever you want.
Every lesson is video based via a screen-share. Watch and learn, or better yet, edit alongside us with the same image (images are downloadable).
We start at the very beginning. No need to be intimated by software OR the editing “process.” Already experienced? You’ll still find plenty here!
STEP BY STEP
It’s important to cover the big picture of editing and workflow. But we’ll also walk you step-by-step through each slider of Lightroom. Just press play.
The Members Only Facebook Group has takes after all SPS Member Groups: extraordinarily kind, gracious, and helpful.
SEASONED LIKE A PRO
Don’t just learn the software. Learn how to make the right editing choices! Develop your own vision and style.
THE PROVEN PROCESS
1. FOLLOW ALONG
Join the course and then simply follow the step-by-step lessons. Everything’s in the perfect order for effortless learning. Go solo and set your own pace or follow along with the group.
You’ll get access to our members only Facebook Group, widely known as the friendliest photography community on the internet.
Learning photography is half the battle. Staying inspired is the other half, and that’s what you’ll get here!
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
JOIN TODAY AND…
- Edit your pics like a pro.
- Get the look you’re after: from crisp & clean to moody & vintage.
- Give your images that extra layer of depth that the pro’s have.
- Save even terrible pics. But make your best pics even better!
- Edit faster and more efficiently.
- Get control of your pics! Discover your own genius way to organize all your pics.
- Be inspired and motivated…you’ll fall in love with editing (warning).
- Get asked by all your friends to take pics of their kids (another warning).
- Build a treasure. For yourself…and your kids.
CHANGE NOTHING AND…
- Miss that “extra oomph” in your pics that the pro’s have.
- Edit without an effective strategy = slow and inconsistent.
- Keep those pics building up on the hard drive, unedited!
- Stay uninspired.
As always, if you aren’t completely satisfied, we’ll refund you 100% within 30 days. Please let us take the risk so you can see if this course is right for you!
Lightroom Fix Enrollment
$249 $125 or 3 payments of $49
- Get LIFETIME ACCESS to all course content immediately. See below for lesson overviews.
- Get access to our private members only Facebook Group. Share, ask questions, meet new friends.
- BONUS #1: The Preset Fix. Get almost 50 Lightroom Presets to transform your pics from flat to great in one click!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you can’t find your answer here, email us!
Click on a question below to expand the answer.
DOES THIS COURSE COVER “LIGHTROOM CLASSIC” OR LIGHTROOM CC?
Well, pretty much both. 95% of the course covers what is now “Lightroom Classic,” which Adobe is calling its “desktop focused editing.” “Lightroom CC” effectively became Lightroom’s name for its mobile apps, which we already cover in a module.
Adobe is not abandoning Lightroom Classic. They’re just realizing a lot of editing will be done on mobile in the future (and thus require the cloud).
Bottom line is this: when you understand Lightroom Classic, you understand Lightroom CC too. We’ll cover both!
DO I HAVE TO OWN LIGHTROOM? DOES LIGHTROOM COME WITH THIS?
No, Adobe Lightroom does NOT come with the Lightroom Fix. SPS doesn’t make Adobe Lightroom and thus we don’t get to sell it. 🙂
So while you don’t have top purchase Lightroom separately to join the Lightroom Fix, it’ll help if you purchase Adobe Lightroom. Otherwise y0u won’t be able to put much of this course to use! 😉
IS THE LIGHTROOM FIX ALL ONLINE? SELF-PACED?
Yes and yes!
IS THIS COURSE BASIC ENOUGH FOR ME? ADVANCED ENOUGH?
We want you to feel comfortable with this course even if you have zero editing experience! Welcome, you’ll do great! That said, even if you’ve been using Lightroom for years, there will likely be a lot you’ve missed!
HOW LONG DO I GET ACCESS TO THE COURSE?
How does LIFETIME ACCESS sound?! Sounds good to us!
IS MY BILLING AND CREDIT CARD INFO SAFE?
Absolutely. Shultz Photo School is built on a fully encrypted platform complete with SSL certificates.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS WHILE GOING THROUGH THE COURSE?
We have a members only forum just for questions, feedback, and inspiration.
DO YOU OFFER A GUARANTEE?
Of course. If you don’t think the course delivers, we’ll give you a 100% refund in the first 30 days.
GET STARTED TODAY RISK FREE
If you aren’t completely satisfied, we’ll refund 100% of your investment. No questions. No hard feelings.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
- Which version of Lightroom should I buy?
- How Lightroom works and why it matters
- Getting Lightroom installed and set up
- First date with Lightroom
- Migrating from iPhoto
- Managing your mountain of photos
- Getting your photos into Lightroom
- Importing as DNG file
- Getting the whole enchilada into Lightroom
- Some previews are smarty pants
- Culling your photos
- Why words are key to finding your photos
- Finding your images via filters
- For the collector types
- Quickly assign keywords (and other stuff) with the Painter Tool
- My favorite workspace tweaks for max production
- THE DARK SIDE. Managing photos outside of LR
- Exporting your photos (the basics)
Build Your Own Pro Workflow
- 3 workflow optimization tips before you even open Lightroom
- Optimizing General Preferences for workflow
- Optimizing Catalogue Settings for workflow
- Creating a standard portrait preset
- Creating a standard vivid preset
- Creating a simple copyright preset
- Simplify importing with these 3 presets
- Streamline editing with these 3 phases
- Phase 1: Cull
- Phase 2: Initial Edits
- Phase 3: Final Edits
- Renaming prior to export
- Developing 3 common export presets
- Archiving your photos
- 2 editing tips to build on
- The Develop Module: Interface overview
- The basic panel
- The histogram
- The tone curve
- The HSL panel
- Black & white tab
- Split Toning panel
- Detail panel
- Lens Correction panel
- Effects panel
- Calibration panel
- Crop Tool
- Spot Removal & Healing Brush
- Red Eye Correction tool
- Graduated Filter tool
- Radial Filter tool
- Adjustment Brush
Behold the Power of Presets
- Let’s get this party started!
- Creating a soft portrait preset
- Silhouette Sunset
- Sunset preset…but onto a portrait.
- Updating / editing a preset
- Beautiful black & white
- Vintage black & white
- Toned black & white
- Bright, vibrant & snappy
- Over Exposed Fixer Upper
- Retouching in Lightroom
- Download all these presets!
Maps, Books, & Slideshows
- Simple Automated Book Creation
- Customizing Book Layouts
- Preview Your Next Wall Display
Quick Wins and Tips
- Moving From iPhoto to Lightroom
- How to Edit Out Drool
- How to Quickly Remove Green Color Casts From Skin
Lightroom Mobile (“Lightroom CC”) Apps
- Lightroom Mobile Intro
- Getting Lightroom Connected to the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Connecting your mobile device to Lightroom
- Editing in Lightroom Mobile: Part 1
- Editing in Lightroom Mobile: Part 2
- Sharing Images From Lightroom Mobile
- How To Automatically Add Your New Mobile Pics Into Lightroom
[Photo Credit: Maria Jung – Lightroom Fix Member]
BONUS: THE PRESET FIX
Without a doubt, the biggest time saver for editing comes when you start using “presets.”
Think of presets as saved “recipes.” Or better yet, “filters” if you’re coming from Instagram. But way better since you can finely control them (and tweak them after applying them).
As a bonus for joining the Lightroom Fix, we’ll give you our very own preset pack called the “Preset Fix.” This preset collection was handmade by Kyle Shultz and includes almost 50 presets to give your images that something extra special.
[Photo Credit: Ona Herber – Lightroom Fix Member]
YOUR KIDS GROW UP FAST.
CAPTURE THEM PERFECTLY. BUILD A TREASURE.