Interview: The LawTog
Contracts, business protection, business planning, copyright releases, tax tools…doesn’t it make your head spin? Where do you even start! I’ll tell you ONE place to start, and that’s with Rachel Brenke of TheLawTog.com! Rachel is an attorney AND a photographer, so she gets it like few others! TheLawTog has become the photography industry’s leading go-to resource on legal and business information that you need to protect your business.
That’s why we’re so honored to have the chance to chat with Rachel for a little lunch and learn! Join us as we go over some of the basics of what you need to have in place before starting your photography business…even part time!
Here are some helpful timestamps:
- 1:00 – The AMAZING that is Rachel Brenke
- 4:30 – WHY you should listen to Rachel Brenke
- 6:00 – Important considerations when moving from a hobby to a business – liability insurance, contracts, business formation
- 11:38 – Insurance – do I need it? (Spoiler – the answer is yes)
- 18:50 – Contracts – is there a way to create a ‘recurring’ contract? Is Rachel’s basic contract and model release enough to get you started? (Find tons of resources on Rachel’s site)
- 27:15 – Kyle calls Rachel a unicorn
- 27:30 – Model releases (and can you include them in a single doc with the contract)
- 30:25 – At what point does insurance become a necessity?
- 36:00 – What brand of bike Rachel rode in her triathalon
*If you asked a specific question, you can click on the ‘ask a question’ button in the replay and the timestamp will show if your question was answered.*powered by Crowdcast