A huge, hearty welcome to all of our newest Grads members! We hope you’ll feel right at home here, jump right in, and start participating. Our community is one of the things that makes Grads so amazing and we are so glad that you’re here!
Our new Grads Mentors have put together a little tour of some of the Facebook features they’ll be utilizing this year. It’s a ‘can’t miss’ to avoid missing anything!
Three things are back in this week’s Practice Shot!
Katherine Calabro’s portrait is nothing short of amazing! It captured Image of the Week. Practice Shot of last week goes to Rachel Toothman for her magical, bokeh beautiful piano shot.
You’ll notice that we have a brand new ‘highlight’ section in our Roundup. It will focus on images gathered from our Theme Challenge!
January Theme: Low Light
- Dhagash Shah’s low light picture edited black and white captures such a sweet moment of childhood!
- Emily Carper’s freelensed low light capture is so dreamy!
- Don’t forget to take your camera with you! Kerena Mendez did and captured this intriguing shot!
- Kate Brueck’s bribery resulted in a beautiful low light photo!
- Lauren Elizabeth found a really neat low lit scene, right in her kitchen!
- What a cool editing transformation from Kate Cavanagh!
- Amanda Ebbecke stepped out of her comfort zone and posted a Practice Shot. She tried night photography and got a gorgeous shot of a church. Double kudos!
- Once again this week, there have been far too many #topten2018 and #toptenof2018 posts in the Grads Facebook group to possibly list here, but there is some truly fantastic work that should not be missed!
- Melissa Todd got some yummy light on her new kitty, Sheldon.
- Also in the Grads Facebook Group, don’t miss the #mywhy posts people have been putting up. You won’t regret reading the why behind our community members’ photography passion.
- Manda Maderich for the win with a great message and a gorgeous image to boot.
- This image from Carolyn Walter is stunning in black and white.
- Look at this stop you in your tracks image from Rachel Clelland (who just got a brand new D750)!
- Kristi Pierce is looking for the best Canon crop sensor camera body. What are your thoughts?
- Calling all SMAL preset users…. Manda Maderich is wondering what your most typical adjustments are when you use them.
- Sarah Miko is looking to upgrade her camera body and was planning on Canon, but all the Sony talk is swaying her. She wants all the info!
- Speedlights. Do you have one you love? Meghan Miller is in the market and wants your thoughts!
- Ann Gillen is wondering if anyone has tried Arsenal yet? Have you?
- Lindsay Palmer wants to talk ice lights. Anyone have experience?
So many of you have already dug into the new theme and that makes us all that much more excited for the year ahead! See you next week.
-Sarah and the SPS Team