You guys. I feel like I’m on repeat, but I have to say it again. Inspiration could easily have been 30 posts long this week again. You guys are posting so many fantastic images and making it really difficult to narrow the field every week. Don’t stop!! We are excited for the week ahead!
New this week
Did you see the big, secret project reveal? We have a hard copy SPS 2020 Showcase Magazine that you can order and have in your own home! You can see more details in Erica’s post.
Take this week to catch a Throwback Thursday lesson on extended family portraits, catch a photo hunt prompt, or share your #bestof2020!! This is always a favorite activity in the group. No rules on how many to share, but hashtag it #Bestof2020. If you have been participating in the #SPSMembers52, share your grids! Regardless of how much or how little you have shot in 2020, post your best to the newsfeed. Let’s celebrate our growth in 2020! More details on how to post can be found here.
So many more cheerful and inspiring images have been added to the Holiday Edition of the Magazine!
- When Jennifer plays in Photoshop, magic happens!
- You know how some images just seem made to be black and white? This image of Beth’s daughter dressed as a flapper is one of those. STUNNING!
- Katie Marie saw her daughter playing in the beautiful light from the… closet… and snapped a pic. Turns out closet light is WAY underrated. It’s gorgeous!
- Laura compiled the cutest grid of her kiddos making their gingerbread houses.
- A Sugar Plum Fairy came to life for Sarah Anne and OCF made her shot all the more magical!
- Who lives in a house that fully embraces the whimsy and magic of childhood? Emily does! And then she captures it SO WELL.
- When their Christmas tree went missing, Amanda’s family had to be willing to try new things. What a gorgeous result!
- Who absolutely ROCKED a through the window newborn session? Jenna did!!
- Mary woke up to a winter wonderland and captured it so well!
- After the Mac talk on last week’s podcast, Manda asked a question about new Macs and memory. LOTS of great discussion and info in the comments!
- Who still needs to add a stocking stuffer to their Christmas list? Sarah recommended a lens hugger and you may want one, too!
- Christa Marie is looking for a great way to organize photos that functions like Google Photos but is not cloud based. Anyone have thoughts here?
- Patty had a great question about photographing families who have a variety of skin tones.
- It’s that time of year…. Kathy posted a question about shooting in cold temps and got some great advice that many of us can use. Maybe you have something to add as well.