We’ve been so excited to see you all take this month’s theme and run with it!
Cair Re Lu popped in and dropped this super fanciful image of her daughter playing beneath a flowering tree. The combination of childhood mirth, wonderfully warm light, and the blossoms made this one a stand out and earned it a Feature. A bustling street scene juxtaposed with a comparatively calm sky snagged the second Featured Image for Jogvan Simonsen.
New this week
What a beautiful month so far! Nature is an amazing theme, right??! Let’s capture nature in a unique way with flatlays! This week’s lesson is packed with inspiration and information. Catch the lesson here! Thank you to Adrianne Scalera, Carolyn Walter, Douglas Chamberlain, and Shannon Wald for all your help!
Fill this album with all of the flat lays!
The first Magazine of the month is filled with the textures and patterns (and colors!) of nature and it’s gorgeous!
Update for Virtual Meet Ups!
Unfortunately, at our last virtual meet up we were hacked. Although we have private link settings in place, bots were able to get into our link. In order to avoid this happening again, we are asking for your help with a few extra safety measures. Please have your zoom name be your first and last name (you can rename yourself upon entry – if you don’t know how to do this it’s in the zoom settings). Once you have entered the room we are going to ask each person to briefly have their video camera on so we can see you and verify you are part of the SPS community. Once we have recognized your sweet faces we will then allow you to turn off your camera if you prefer. We will also disable screen sharing unless we’ve given permission to do so. We thank you for your understanding and hope to see you all at our next virtual meet up!
Save the date! We will be interviewing Sara Miedema (LittleHarborHome on Instagram). She creates beautiful images of her 4 kids and the nature around them. We can’t wait to chat with her May 25th 8pm CST/9 pm EST. Link to come.
- You need to check out the Mother’s Day post where so many posted pics of them with their kiddos (or their own moms!)!
- Kayla got a fantastic and super creative cap and gown shot of her graduate.
- Who’s got a sweet little one and a sweet little chick in front of the lens? Rachel does!
- Did you see the frozen magic that Amy captured when an irrigation system met cold weather?
- If you’ve never been to Arches National Park, you’ll want to go after seeing Mary’s images from her trip!
- Jennifer shared some fabulous sunset shots and showed the difference a few minutes and a lens change can make.
- Carol brought up the interesting topic of stolen photos online. There’s some great points and discussion in the comments!
- Dawn needs some lens advice from R6 users as she looks to upgrade.
- Sarah Anne asked about affordable frames with mats and there are some great sources and suggestions in the comments!
- Memory Monday took us back to a lesson about Landscape which should come in extra handy this month!
- Aaron’s doing a Senior session and asked for some advice and pose suggestions. There are some great suggestions in the comments!
- Dawn shared details about a Canon sale (through Rakutan).