It’s April already! April is finallllly here! I can’t decide which camp I fall into – maybe some of both. In any case, we’re ready to welcome a new month!
Who can resist toes in the tub? Jamie Evenhuis-Kramer’s high key, monochrome edit took these sweet toes, balanced on the edge of the tub, to an even higher level and snagged our first Featured Image spot this week. In a rare double black and white sweep, Betsy Marziani’s shot of her doggo waiting for her to come out of the bathroom got our second spot this week. Love the perspective and composition that bring immediate focus to that loving, watchful eye.
New this week
April is here! This month we will focus on Specialized Photography. While this theme may not speak to everybody each week, we hope that you can still find some useful information for your photography. This first week is a dip into newborn photography! Lindsay Palmer has created a wonderful lesson to give you a peek inside! Maybe this will spark a new interest for you in newborn photography, maybe you have a grandbaby on the way, or maybe it provides just the challenge to your photography you didn’t know you needed.
Also, make sure to catch our one a day this month! We know specialized photography won’t be of interest to everyone so join the one a day fun to keep your camera shooting! Post to the Facebook page any time you grab a prompt!
Hooray for so many fun shots from bedrooms this past week. We’ve highlighted some in the new Magazine.
We’ve got a new album for any newborn practice shots you get this week.
Save April 28th for our next virtual meet up. Break out rooms will be back! Link to come.
- So much drama in Jennifer’s mountain sunrise shot! But…her mountain moonrise shot is also crazy amazing!
- The baby hummingbirds have hatched! Thanks, Anne, for sharing them with us and for updating so that we could see how much they’d changed just a few days later!
- Kelli was watchful enough to capture a swallowtail butterfly egg hatching!
- Amanda got some fantastic tones and textures in her up close shot of a very prickly subject.
- Cue the tears! Grab the tissues! Then go check out Jenna’s post about taking time to document meaningful things.
- This week’s Memory Monday took us back to a Lifestyle Photography lesson from way back in the early days!
- Jessica’s looking for a backdrop stand. Do you have one you love? Or maybe you are looking, too, and want to check out the recommendations.
- Nancy is in the market for a new Mac. There are some great comments about the Mac Mini, but maybe you have some thoughts, too?
- Lori shared info about a live Lightroom summit with free access!
- Katie was looking for some hard drive advice and there’s some great info in the comments in case you’re also in the market.