How’s everyone doing? It’s been quite a week for snow, cold, and ice even in places that normally don’t see it. Kudos to everyone who seized the chance to get some shots they wouldn’t normally get. We’re praying everyone is staying safe and warm.
Who can’t empathize with the tiny little tufted titmouse fluffed up against the cold in Martha Hale’s Featured Image? Beth Hubbard’s portrait of a cactus has such rich tones and some great symmetry. Her choice to show little hands holding the pot changes this from still life to a slice of life.
New this week
You’ve switched the camera to video, you’ve learned how to move the camera and what shots to grab, now it’s time to put it all together! Kyle gives us the basics on editing your videos! We can’t WAIT to see everyone’s final projects!
Video projects can go in the new album!
Next week is our monthly virtual meet up! Hard to believe we are wrapping up our video theme! Has this sparked your interest in learning more about video? Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement coming soon! Kyle is working on something outside of Members and is gearing up for an entire spring, summer, and fall of learning and teaching video. We’ll be releasing the details soon! This Video Q&A is a perfect time to learn more about what is to come! See you next week!
- Rebecca took advantage of some unseasonably cold weather to get this frozen bubble shot. And you have to see her snowflakes, too. Amazing!
- How cold has it been in Manitoba, Canada? Melissa shows us – REALLY cold!
- Snow (and some gorgeous flakes) for Beth this week, too!
- Roxie has been capturing the feathered friends who frequent her feeder.
- Oh my goodness. Lauren turned Covid quarantine into a magical memory in her video. You have to check it out! Did you need a tissue? No? Just me?
- A regular old bouncy ball becomes an unexpectedly beautiful subject in Sara’s yard.
- Amanda Cammack is looking to get into macro affordably. Who’s got advice for filters vs. extension tubes vs. snap on lenses?
- Kimberly is about to upgrade to the R6 and needs to know which lens she should get!
- We have an official Lensbaby Ambassador in our ranks! Congrats to Melissa!
- We took a Memory Monday trip back to Katrina Green’s lesson on documentary photography.