You guys brought so much light into Winter Darkness this week with your dramatic and creative shots. It’s definitely another week where you need to check out the album if you haven’t because there just isn’t room to feature all of the gorgeous shots!
Speaking of albums, Sarah Bednar posted a little refresher on posting to the albums in case you need one.
Our Featured Images this week come from Kathryn Pittsley and Jogvan Simonsen. Kathryn’s portrait of her daughter is a lot of darkness, but uses rich tones and just enough light to make it feel warm and inviting. Jogvan’s shot is a great example of the starkness of winter darkness with just a tiny hit of warm light mixed in. Where does your eye come to rest in this shot? Is it drawn to that tiny bit of warmth like mine was?
New this week
Lots of winter beauty coming at you this week! Our main lesson is all about Winter Details. Catch the lesson here. Lucky enough to have some snow and freezing temps? Check out Jenna Thiessen’s beautiful lesson on how to shoot in snow! And Melissa Tokariwski will blow your mind in her lesson on snowflakes (even if you don’t have snow right now, check these lessons out… great information to have in your back pocket! Did you know snowflakes change shape based on temperature and humidity?)
See you next week when we interview Camilla Winter-Moore who is a Lensbaby pro! January 28th at 1 pm EST/12 pm CST Note the midday time (we’d like for her to be awake when we interview her!). We will record it, so don’t worry if you can’t make it!
You did a beautiful job of chasing winter light! Highlights are in the newest Magazine.
We have a new album for your Winter Details shots!
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Ann was brave enough to ask two gentlemen if she could take their picture and the result is a true gem.
- Kate says she’s totally new to photography. It’s a little hard to believe when she posts portraits like this one!
- If this image from Shannon isn’t childhood whimsy and fun, I don’t know what is.
- Beth turned wood chopping into some seriously gorgeous images. The compositions, light, and tones…*swoon*
- Grab the tissues, but you need to check out this post from Hollie. It’ll give you all the feels!
- Stephany’s winter darkness image is perfect in black and white and just feels so iconic.
- Sarah Anne got in the frame this week and the shot and the edit are stunningly beautiful!
- Kelli’s looking for all the ideas for little girls in wedding dresses. What do you have?
- Sarah Anne is wondering about your export settings for FB (and she posted some fantastic images of a Sunday afternoon twirl).
- Annette posted some great thoughts and suggestions on logos/watermarks (including how to use your Adobe subscription to craft a great one for FREE).
- Emily is ready to fight the digital shoebox and wants to know how you do, too? How are you preserving your Legacy?
- Cassie’s working on a 365 and looking for some prompt lists that aren’t too specific. Maybe you’re struggling with what to shoot for your own 365?
- If you haven’t already seen it, you’ll have to hurry, but Mary shared that Shutterfly has free extra pages through Sunday! And GO!