Oh my goodness it’s been so great to see everyone’s goals and starting place this past week. It sounds like so many are ready to dig in this year! And it’s been a great reminder that we photographers are mostly a humble lot – no one seems to think they’re as great as they truly are.
Two very different kinds of light in our Featured Images this week! Chelsea Barker’s image evokes energy and brightness while Anne Scherer’s evokes calm and tranquility.
New this week
Alrighty, it’s time to jump into our January theme! Winter Beauty! Winter isn’t always easy to photograph but we are going to challenge you this month! This week we are going to chase the sunlight!
Save the date! We are going to be interviewing Camilla Winter-Moore who is a lensbaby pro! January 28th at 1 pm EST/12 pm CST.
I’m so sad to see this Magazine go! It’s been such a fun collection of images all month!
Document all the light chasing in the new album!
- Andrea found a hidden treasure in an image that didn’t originally turn out the way she wanted. It’s a great reminder for us all!
- Anne is capturing some gorgeous beach shots that will have you longing to be at the water’s edge.
- Did you happen to catch Kristi’s landscape Bestof2020? You’ve got to see these – they’re amazing. Warning – they’ll give you the itch to travel for sure!
- If you’d like to be as inspired as I have been reading everyone’s goals for the year, be sure to check out the album from this past week to see everyone’s current work and their plans for this coming year. I guarantee it’ll inspire you!
- Our Throwback Thursday lesson this week is from the backlight course and deals with diffused backlight. Check it out if you’re new or even just for a refresher
- Amber got some really neat images of rime ice this week!
- There were some truly stunning macro images submitted in the International Garden Photographer contest this year.
- Melody is switching from Nikon to Canon and needs to know which macro lens she should get.
- Sarah would like to get into birth photography and is wondering who has tips or advice.
- Annette wants to know how many have both a business and a personal Instagram account?
- Tracy uploaded a file with all of her “menu notes” for the Nikon D750 for anyone who has one and would like to see!
- Jamie is thinking about selling some prints for extra winter income and is wondering if anyone has words of advice to share?
- Tracy also shared a link to a free digital photography magazine that you can download. Thanks, Tracy!